Serious Drug Offenses Lawyer Cedar Grove, NJ
If you’ve recently been charged with a drug crime, you may want to speak with a serious drug offenses lawyer Cedar Grove, NJ residents trust. You are facing serious charges and need someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A lawyer can help you build a strong defense and protect your rights.
Common Types of Drug Crimes
Getting convicted of a drug crime can carry serious consequences, like fines and jail time. Here are the most common types of drug crimes.
- Drug possession. Just as the name suggests, drug possession involves possessing drugs that are illegal at the state and federal level. There are two types of possession charges: simple possession and possession with intent to distribute. Simple possession is when you have a small amount of drugs that you may intend to use personally. Possession with intent to distribute, on the other hand, is when you have a large amount of drugs that you might intend to sell.
- Drug dealing. It’s illegal in every state to sell or trade for scheduled drugs. Drug dealing is typically punished as a felony, even if a person is selling a small amount of drugs. The penalties can become harsher if large amounts of drugs are sold or a person dies because of drugs being sold.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia. Drug paraphernalia refers to equipment that’s used to prepare, inject, inhale or conceal illegal drugs. As a Cedar Grove serious drug offenses lawyer can confirm, examples of drug paraphernalia include rolling papers, cutting agents, pipes and bongs. Possession of drug paraphernalia is most often charged as a misdemeanor.
- Manufacturing drugs. Manufacturing drugs involves the production process of illegal drugs. One of the most common prosecuted forms of drug manufacturing is the production of methamphetamines, which can increase the risk of a fire.
How a Lawyer Can Help
No matter what type of drug crime you’re accused of, it’s important to take your charges seriously. One of the next things you should do is consult an experienced drug lawyer. Here are a few benefits of hiring a lawyer.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the law. Drug laws can be complicated and vary from state to state. Therefore, they can be difficult for the average person to understand. A drug lawyer, on the other hand, has extensive knowledge of the specific drug laws in your state and can help you understand everything.
- Know if your rights have been violated. A skilled lawyer can also know if your rights have been violated at any point. For instance, if you were arrested for possession after a police searched your property with probable cause, that evidence may be thrown out.
- Save money. While hiring an experienced drug lawyer might not be cheap, it may help you save more money in the long run. He or she can improve your chances of achieving a successful outcome in your case, which can reduce hefty fines and prison time.
Schedule a consultation with a Cedar Grove serious drug offenses lawyer from LGR Law LLC today.
If you’ve been charged with a drug offense in Cedar Grove, NJ, it’s important to get help from a serious drug offenses lawyer as soon as possible.
Drug charges can be extremely serious and carry serious penalties. If you’re convicted of a drug crime, you could face time in prison and other penalties that may affect your life for years to come. However, if you work with an experienced serious drug offenses lawyer in Cedar Grove, NJ from LGR Law, LLC, there are ways to fight these charges and protect your rights.
What Are Drug Crimes in Cedar Grove, NJ?
There are many different types of drug charges in Cedar Grove, including possession of drugs or paraphernalia, trafficking drugs, and manufacturing drugs. These crimes involve the possession or sale of illegal substances like marijuana, heroin and cocaine. Some people may also be charged with conspiracy to commit a crime if they were involved in planning something illegal but didn’t actually help carry it out themselves.
The penalties for these kinds of crimes can vary greatly depending on the type of drug involved and how much was found on the person alleged to have committed the crime. For example:
Possession: If someone is accused of possessing an amount that is less than half an ounce (or 15 grams) of marijuana or less than one milligram of cocaine, they may be charged with a misdemeanor and face up to $100 in fines. If the amount is between half an ounce (or 15 grams) and one ounce (or 28 grams), or between one milligram and 4 grams of cocaine, it can still be considered a misdemeanor but will carry heavier penalties including up to 180 days in jail and fines of up to $2,000.
Why Should I Hire a Serious Drug Offenses Attorney?
If you have been charged with a drug offense in New Jersey, it is important to hire a serious drug offenses lawyer in Cedar Grove, NJ. The attorney you choose to represent you can make all the difference in your case.
A good serious drug offenses lawyer in Cedar Grove, NJ from LGR Law will be able to identify weaknesses and strengths in the prosecution’s case against you. They will know what types of defenses may be available to help you get the best outcome possible for your situation.
There are many different types of drug offenses that could lead someone to hire a serious drug offenses lawyer in Cedar Grove, NJ:
- Marijuana possession
- Drug manufacturing or distribution
- Cocaine possession or distribution
- Heroin possession or distribution
If you have been arrested for a drug offense, it is important to contact a serious drug offenses lawyer in Cedar Grove, NJ from LGR Law immediately. At LGR Law, LLC, we understand that a drug charge can be extremely damaging to the future of our clients. We will fight aggressively to protect your rights and future and ensure that you receive the best possible outcome in your case.
They will be able to help you figure out what kind of defense strategy is best for your case, and they can also help you avoid having to spend time behind bars.
How a Serious Drug Offenses Lawyer Can Help
Facing a serious drug offense charge is a difficult thing to overcome which is why contacting a serious drug offenses lawyer Cedar Grove, NJ turns to from LGR Law, LLC is advised. Our lawyers have ample experience in helping clients face and fight these charges against them. It’s important not to panic when facing these types of charges as there are a number of ways to fight them and to have a strong chance at winning a case or having charges reduced or even dropped. Contact us today to get support and assistance and read below to learn more about how we can help you.
Support and Guidance
Our firm is here to help support and guide our clients. We understand how difficult it is to go through a case and how daunting the challenge can seem to fight charges. There are many moving parts, documents, evidence, meetings, and more that are required to complete a case. There may be hardships that arise during a case in addition to different nuances that may come up. That is why we are here to assist with support and guidance the whole way through the case. Contact us today so we can learn more about your case and get started with assisting you.
Understanding of the Law
Our firm understands the law regarding serious drug offenses and other offenses that people face. The legal system can be difficult to navigate and having a professional team who understands the legal process and how to go to trial in a courtroom setting is valuable. The different angles that opposing legal teams will try and take is something that we also have experience and understanding of. Whether negotiations need to take place with the other legal team we also are here to help with that.
Experience with Cases
Our experience with a vast amount of defense cases has left us with confidence and comfort in this type of legal defense. You can rest assured that we will do our best to help you with your case and give you a strong chance of having charges dropped or reduced. Cases are not always so simple either and there are a number of different things that could arise. Evidence has been refuted before and law enforcement’s actions are sometimes questionable. These are the types of things that could have a large effect on a case. Contact us today to speak with a Cedar Grove serious drug offenses lawyer.
Knowledge and Confidence
Our experience has brought us not only knowledge about these types of offenses but also confidence in being able to help our clients face them and fight them. Our knowledge comes from our experience in helping many clients face charges head-on and easing them into understanding more about the process and how we can strategize. Contact our firm today to get assistance from a serious drug offenses lawyer Cedar Grove, NJ turns to from LGR Law, LLC.